Doctrine & Covenants 93:1

"Verily, thus saith the Lord: It shall come to pass that every soul who forsaketh his sins and cometh unto me, and calleth on my name, and obeyeth my voice, and keepeth my commandments, shall see my face and know that I am."

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Vanhin Hamner

What an honor to be with "Elder Hamner" our AJ as he entered the MTC as a Latter Day Stripling Warrior for the Lord.
The spirit was strong and I was in awe of these humble young men who were there to report to the service of thier Heavenly Father.



PHOTO: (Austin, Amber, Mary, Laura, Jordan, Sarah, Elder Hamner :) Kaity, Karlie)











Even though he was already officially an Elder because he was set apart, I was honored when he asked me to put his tag on him Vanhin Hamner. Now it was really official.






We joined the other Elders and thier families for a welcome and orientation meeting. Words of enlightenment and encouragement were spoken there. I could feel AJ's sweet spirit so strong. All of his hard work, his obedience and his dillegence has prepared him for this experience, and this one will prepare him for many more. The mission Presidents wife spoke so sweetly and quoted a scripture that is a perfect promise for AJ.


"And whatsoever they shall speak as they are moved by the Holy Ghost shall be scripture, shall be the will of the Lord, shall be the mind of the Lord, shall be the word of the Lord, shall be the voice of the Lord, and the power of God unto salvation.
Behold, this is the promise of the Lord unto you, O ye my servants.
Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come.
Go ye into all the world, preach the gospel to every creature, acting in the authority which I have given you, baptizing in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost."

Doctrine & Covenants 68:4-6,8

How awesome that AJ is literally the voice of the Lord and that he is promised that the Lord will stand by him, really stand by him - so close that he can bear witness that he is there.
(Posted by Mom)

No comments:

Helaman 5:12

And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.