Doctrine & Covenants 93:1

"Verily, thus saith the Lord: It shall come to pass that every soul who forsaketh his sins and cometh unto me, and calleth on my name, and obeyeth my voice, and keepeth my commandments, shall see my face and know that I am."

Monday, August 16, 2010

Aug. 16, 2010

Dear Mom and Family


As I write the weather is transitioning to Fall-my favorite season. This is when some of the best memories I have ever made occurred. For example, I came into Finland in the middle of summer but by the time I got over jet-lag it was fall. So I mainly remember fall :) Also the smell of fall is another favorite.
This past week was another busy one. We traveled a lot. We spent two and half days in Pietarsaari and one day in Helsinki. In Helsinki we had zone leader council. Before the council we went to the temple which was exactly what I needed. The Peace of the temple helps your vision come more in congruent with Heavenly Father's vision. I went through in Finnish and my understanding was quickened so much that as I listened I could follow and analyze some of the grammar principles used at the same time. During the council President Brown shared with us how the mission is experiencing new records in baptisms. This year the mission has 54 baptisms and over 20 with baptismal candidates. That puts us way over last year's 48 baptisms already and we have enough time to double it. This is possible. Please pray that the Lord will lead more of the elect to us. This work requires greater faith.
I am so excited. Each day is another opportunity to bless someone else. Really that is where the true, lasting joy comes from.
Well last Sunday, not yesterday but pervious, we found this sweet older Russian lady who let us in at the door. As we discussed and got to know each other, she expressed how she has searched for truth but can not find it. (I was grinning from ear to ear because of her humility in that statement). In the end the lesson went well and she came to church. The members just loved her. One sister in our branch went to Russia for her mission and was her best friend that day. The Lord took care of her. Thank you for your prayers. Many are being blessed because of them.
My prayer is that everyone take a few minutes and count your many blessings. Our lives are full of them.

I love you,
Vanhin (Elder) Hamner

No comments:

Helaman 5:12

And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.