Doctrine & Covenants 93:1

"Verily, thus saith the Lord: It shall come to pass that every soul who forsaketh his sins and cometh unto me, and calleth on my name, and obeyeth my voice, and keepeth my commandments, shall see my face and know that I am."

Monday, September 20, 2010

Sept. 20, 2010

Dear Family,
This past week was our zone specialized training in Oulu. 11 companionships came and learned from President Brown. He taught about the Doctrine of Christ and the Role of the Holy Ghost in Conversion. One thing that he focused on is the difference between testimony and conversion. People can have a testimony and then go less-active but when people are converted they almost always stay strong continuously. Many examples in the scriptures, People of Ammon, Moroni, and Nephites when the Savior visited. I will expound more upon this next week due to time limit.
However this Saturday M. is being baptized. Please pray for her that she will be protected. I will be sending pictures next Monday of her baptismal service.
Love,
Elder Hamner

No comments:

Helaman 5:12

And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.