Doctrine & Covenants 93:1

"Verily, thus saith the Lord: It shall come to pass that every soul who forsaketh his sins and cometh unto me, and calleth on my name, and obeyeth my voice, and keepeth my commandments, shall see my face and know that I am."

Monday, August 2, 2010

Aug. 2, 2010

Dearest lovely mom and amazing family,

Wow, this week has been fantastic. Elder Peterson is an amazing companion. It is so easy to be yourself with him. First of all, Elder Peterson has been in Finland for about 9 months and just came from Kuopio (city from the east). His finnish is pretty amazing. He is so funny and the perfect companion for me at this time. We both want to bless the Finns more than anything else. That is one thing that I have noticed with my companions. That when you focus on the greater purpose- bring souls unto Christ, all the little problems just fall away. Continuining on about Elder Peterson, he is from Arkansas (FYI his dad works for Sam's Club International...pretty cool) and was going to major in French at BYU then he got his call to Finland. He likes to run. His whole family is musically talented. His mom has completed an Iron-Man Competition. Yes the IRON-MAN or should I say IRON-WOMAN!!! In the end Elder Peterson is pretty awesome. We are definitely looking forward to this next change and implementing this new Simplified Cuuriculum from the First Presidency. This is taking PMG teaching to the next level. After this I think Elder Peterson can qualify to be an Iron-Teacher-Man.

Currently, Elder Peterson and I are searching for our vision this next change- 2 baptisms. Please pray that we will find them and teach in such a way that the Holy Ghost will change their hearts.

I love you and am living this mission up. I will be sending pictures soon.

Rakkaudella,
Vanhin Hamner

No comments:

Helaman 5:12

And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.