Doctrine & Covenants 93:1

"Verily, thus saith the Lord: It shall come to pass that every soul who forsaketh his sins and cometh unto me, and calleth on my name, and obeyeth my voice, and keepeth my commandments, shall see my face and know that I am."

Monday, September 21, 2009

Sept. 21, 2009

Rakas Perhe,
21 Sept 2009
This past week has gone by so fast. We had splits in Hyvinkää with our district leader, Elder Kelley and his companion Elder Schollenberger. We worked hard and had some amazing experiences. For example, Elder Schollenberger (was in MTC with me) and I went tracting. The Lord blessed us with the gift of tongues for we understood the people and were able to converse with ease. All credit goes to Heavenly Father for there is no way once could in less than 6 months of studying the language be able to converse with the people. What is also humbling and exciting is how much there still is to learn. Being on a mission has enlarged that fire to continually learn and grow. One teacher from the MTC said, '' Your mission is your launch pad to life to bigger and greater things.'' That is so true!
My testimony of prayer has grown ten-fold. This past week President Brown has requested that we concentrate our studies (in preparation for zone conference) in ch. 8 of PMG. In it one sentence stood out from amongst the others: ''Pray mightily over your goals.'' This past week I have put more effort into this challenge. At the end of the week we got 3 new investigators! Missionary work in Finland is growing exponentially. I love it. Remember Heavenly Father hears and answers every prayer. Pray to see His tender mercies each day and record them. This will build your relationship with Him for we all need to improve this crucial eternal bond.
Rakkaudella,
Vanhin Hamner

No comments:

Helaman 5:12

And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.