Doctrine & Covenants 93:1

"Verily, thus saith the Lord: It shall come to pass that every soul who forsaketh his sins and cometh unto me, and calleth on my name, and obeyeth my voice, and keepeth my commandments, shall see my face and know that I am."

Monday, September 7, 2009

Sept. 7, 2009

Rakas Perhe
7 Sept 09
This past week has flown by so fast. I had my interview with President Brown at district meeting and it was so edifying. What is even better is I get to serve with him the complete two years here. He will come home one month after me ( I may have said this in the last email).
President Brown taught us about the spiritual nature to planning. He referenced Moses 3:5 where everything was created spiritually before it was physically. The Lord planned....effectively....with the Spirit. He also taught about how the Lord had a vision when planning and doing. He challenged us to pray for the vision Heavenly Father has for our individual cities.
The President of the Europe Area told President Brown recently that Finland has never seen these numbers (baptims) before. During the summer months (typically low numbers because of vacations) there has been a consistent high number of baptisms. He told President Brown to ''tell the missionaries they are doing the right things. Tell them to keep it up.''
I love you all and remember this is the greatest work on the earth. What privilege all of us get to be a part of it.
Rakkaudella,
Vanhin Hamner

No comments:

Helaman 5:12

And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.