Doctrine & Covenants 93:1

"Verily, thus saith the Lord: It shall come to pass that every soul who forsaketh his sins and cometh unto me, and calleth on my name, and obeyeth my voice, and keepeth my commandments, shall see my face and know that I am."

Monday, August 31, 2009

Aug. 31, 2009

Rakas Perhe
31 Aug 2009
This was the last week of the first change. This next week is District Meeting which means I have my personal monthly interview with President Brown!!! I love him so much. He has paid the price and continues to do so to be a great mission president. I will be returning home about a month before he does. So we get to finish up together.
The Finland Helsinki Mission is hard-core Preach My Gospel which is the best. We are all focused on bringing our brothers and sisters unto the Savior. We all believe they are out there ready to be found. We just have to put forth the faith and effort. Also something new here, the area president of europe has emphasized ''teach to find''. This is a new approach they have implemented. It is where one missionary immediately begins teaching in a few sentences (to whoever they meet on the street, bus, train) and then asks a question about what they just taught to help the person really think about it. Then the missionary testifies. The companion then testifies, asks a question, and teaches more. This can continue to go until either you get a teaching appointment, contact info, or they just are not interested.
Also the members here are so kind (they also cook the most delicious food). Kouvola is the perfect city for me to start in Finland. I love this city.
It is getting a little colder. It seems that fall has come. The smell of fall is my favorite (Mary, Laura, and Sarah know that). Also the country here is beautiful. As we drive from appointment to appointment we have the opportunity to observe beautiful Suomi.
The Lord has taught me so much this first change and is continuing to teach me more. I love how when we want to learn and grow the Lord is there to help. We just need to ask.
I love you all and will continue to keep you all updated on Finland.
Rakkaudella,
Vanhin HamnerRakas Perhe

No comments:

Helaman 5:12

And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.