Doctrine & Covenants 93:1

"Verily, thus saith the Lord: It shall come to pass that every soul who forsaketh his sins and cometh unto me, and calleth on my name, and obeyeth my voice, and keepeth my commandments, shall see my face and know that I am."

Monday, April 5, 2010

Apr. 5, 2010

Dear Family,


Wow, this week was busy. First of all district meeting went very well. Heavenly Father definitely guided me as I prepared and taught. WHEWW!!!! (as I wipe sweat off the brow) In the district meeting we focused on improving our capacity as teachers (mainly chapter 10 in PMG... p.s.such a good chapter) After district meeting I had my interview with President where he gave some priceless advice. I feel the Lord's hand in my shaping. He leads this work.

This General Conference was just perfect. It's sort of like the Mormon Superbowl, but you get it twice a year! Also there are pretty cool commericals :) But most importantly you can learn what the Lord wants to teach you. Then afterwards it is up to us to apply and strive. That would be my challenge to each one. Please set goals according to the inspiration given to you through general conference. How lucky we are to have continuous revelation from the Lord through a living prophet. I get such good feelings as I type this.

This past week I have been reflecting upon the deepest desires of all people. For as a missionary you teach according to their needs and do your best to meet them through the restored gospel under the guidance of the Holy Ghost. Everyone wants to feel loved. We feel God's love through the Spirit. So when we listen to conference, attend church, study the words of the prophet, or in other words be more obedient we receive the spiritual nourishment we so desperately need. I understand that this topic is very broad and difficult to describe but it was just something I have been pondering about. In Summary everyone yearns for the Spirit even if they dont know it. Only through the gospel can one receive this spiritual nourishment. My desire for the Spirit is ever growing. I love how this all makes sense( the gospel that is).

I love each of you individually. Thank you for your prayers. They are heard. I feel them.

Love
Vanhin (AJ) Hamner

PS I just used that plan of salvation finnish puzzle thing you gave me. Thank you!

No comments:

Helaman 5:12

And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.