Doctrine & Covenants 93:1

"Verily, thus saith the Lord: It shall come to pass that every soul who forsaketh his sins and cometh unto me, and calleth on my name, and obeyeth my voice, and keepeth my commandments, shall see my face and know that I am."

Monday, June 7, 2010

June 7, 2010

Rakas Perhe,


Wow, I cannot believe that summer is already here. I am sorry about the lack of letters. It seems that we get busier and busier. For example, this past week we had splits with the elders in Kuopio (4 hour drive there). We left on Monday and came back on Tuesday night. Then Wednesday and Thursday we used to prepare for zone conference. There was a lot of logistics that went into it. I can tell a little about it. Well there are 11 companionships in the North zone ranging from the west coast to Santa Land up north to the East side of Finland. They came to Oulu and spent the night thursday night, had zone conference on Friday, slept the night again at the church then left Sat morning. We did a lot of driving to and from the train station. After ZC we had splits with the Assistants to the President. It went so well. I learned roppakaupalla tietoa (a boatload of knowledge) to improve how I teach, plan, and do missionary work.

How investigators are doing - well. Please pray that M's mother will soften towards the gospel. Also we found an older couple, P and A, where the wife is just golden but the husband is proud. P is the boyfriend so please pray that he will choose to soften his heart.

I love you all. We are visiting Rovaniemi this week. There is Santa. I will get a picture. Also there is the most northern Mcdonalds and the artic circle.

love
V. Hamner'
I will have more info about M and J next week :)!!! Pray for them to!

No comments:

Helaman 5:12

And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.