Doctrine & Covenants 93:1

"Verily, thus saith the Lord: It shall come to pass that every soul who forsaketh his sins and cometh unto me, and calleth on my name, and obeyeth my voice, and keepeth my commandments, shall see my face and know that I am."

Monday, December 20, 2010

Dec. 20, 2011

Dear Mom and Super excited family !!! Merry Christmas!!!!
This past week the Lord has performed more miracles. Currently missionary situation in Espoo is that Elder Leppard and I take care of two wards so our area doubled for this 6 week change. Which means that on Sunday we attend both wards. This is the first time this has ever happened to me where we attend both wards so on the first Sunday we were at church for 7 hours. At the end Elder Leppard and I were fried!:) But anyways because of the formation we inherited the investigators from the second ward. And one of those investigators L, who has investigated for some time, we met on Thursday (our first meeting with him). So we planned the teach and arrived at his home. We came in and started talking, had an opening prayer, and then as we got to know each other the Spirit prompted me to share my story of how I felt prompted to leave West Point. I shared with him that I didn't see the whole picture of why nor do I see it completely now but I trusted in the prompting and still do because of the peace that has come into my life. I added that sometimes Heavenly Father will give a prompting and then wait to see if we are willing to act on what has been given. Heavenly Father wants us to learn and grow which often proves to be uncomfortable and trying. But as we step into the dark trusting in the quiet promptings of the Spirit we can know that He, who knows all, is leading.
After I shared that with L, he then shared how last night Heavenly Father had given him a strong feeling about baptism the night before. As a result we invited him to be baptized and he gladly accepted. Ever since that L has felt so good. The Lord is good. He truly prepares His children. What a blessing it is to be an instrument for the Lord.
I love you and have a memorable Merry Christmas!!!!
Elder Hamner

No comments:

Helaman 5:12

And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.