Doctrine & Covenants 93:1

"Verily, thus saith the Lord: It shall come to pass that every soul who forsaketh his sins and cometh unto me, and calleth on my name, and obeyeth my voice, and keepeth my commandments, shall see my face and know that I am."

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Dec. 8, 2010

Dear Mom and Christmas loving family:)
First, I want to apologize for not writing on Monday. It was Independence Day for Finland and everything was closed. However today we found time to email.
This past week I was transferred to Espoo which is about 20-30 min west of Helsinki. The temple is located in Espoo. Elder Leppard and I are responsible for two wards in Espoo which is a first for both of us so the Lord is definitely guiding us as we work with both the members and leadership in training them and fulfilling their needs. In the transfer down south, means that I am now in Helsinki zone. Elder Leppard and I have been assigned to lead it. This past Tuesday was a specialized training in which President and Sister Brown did a Christmas special. It was a spiritual feast. President Brown taught the Atonement in the most simple and beautiful way that painted the picture of the Savior in a way that helped make the whole Atonement personal. He quoted Pres. Hinckley who said that the reason the birth of Jesus Christ is so celebrated is due to His adult life. Because the Savior fulfilled the Atonement we celebrate His birth. So as we strive to understand the Atonement and know Him we will feel more of His spirit.
This Christmas season is very special and I will do my best to enjoy it. Elder Leppard and I have and are still setting goals to help share this Christmas Spirit as much as possible. With a new area, I am pleading with Heavenly Father to help me understand and fulfill His will. Change is good. The Spirit is teaching me new things and how to do missionary work better especially with the members. The members in our wards are good members. They want to do missionary work better. If we all studied Preach My Gospel more and applied the Atonement daily then missionary work would sky rocket even more.
Currently in the Europe area, President Brown reported that it is the fastest growing area in the whole world. The brethren are saying that this is only the beginning, that we have seen nothing yet.
Christmas phone calls- I will give details about it next Sunday with times and the phone number to call.
I love you
Elder Hamner

No comments:

Helaman 5:12

And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.