Doctrine & Covenants 93:1

"Verily, thus saith the Lord: It shall come to pass that every soul who forsaketh his sins and cometh unto me, and calleth on my name, and obeyeth my voice, and keepeth my commandments, shall see my face and know that I am."

Monday, November 29, 2010

Nov. 29, 2010

Dearest Mom and family
This past week the Lord has performed miracles. First, the Lord led us to one man-TDearest Mom and family
This past week the Lord has performed miracles. First, the Lord led us to one man, T, who has had the mightiest change of heart that I have ever seen. When we met him tracting, he invited us in and had a spiritual experience with the Book of Mormon in which he saw and felt the power of the book. Ever since he has become a new man. He has stopped or stopping his bad habits. He even refers to himself as being a week old because this life change. He also said that God has given him this opportunity to change and if he doesn't take it then he might be lost forever. Just in the past week, his faith in Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ has grown exponentially. He set his baptismal date for December 18th and just full of happiness. Though his family and friends have rejected him, he holds strong by saying, ''It doesn't matter, I have my God.'' Wow, what faith!
Transfers! Elder Peterson and Elder Grimm (from Espoo) will be continuing the journey with T. I will be going to Espoo with Elder Leppard, from England. Elder Leppard is from my MTC group. I am very excited for this opportunity. I love that elder. Transfers are always bittersweet but it is life. I love Elder Peterson and have learned much from him and his excellent example.
Thanksgiving was very fun. It was during zone conference and I took plenty of pictures. I will be sending some in the near future.
Hope you soak up this Christmas season. It is magical.
Love
Elder Hamner

No comments:

Helaman 5:12

And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.