Doctrine & Covenants 93:1

"Verily, thus saith the Lord: It shall come to pass that every soul who forsaketh his sins and cometh unto me, and calleth on my name, and obeyeth my voice, and keepeth my commandments, shall see my face and know that I am."

Monday, November 1, 2010

Nov. 1, 2010

What a great time to be on the earth!
As I reflect upon the significance to be a missionary I am humbled greatly. My eyes to the significance and importance of service have been opened tremendously. I remember reading in Jesus the Christ that the Savior received all His supreme power because He did it not Himself but for others. As a missionary this is a priceless opportunity to serve and give your all to others. Then as we do so the Lord magnifies our abilities and talents by the Spirit. Then as I have dwelled upon that principle of 1.service and 2. how God will use us to bless others and at the same time build us, I now look at all the callings in the church and opportunities to serve others with a greater perspective. This life is very short and the Lord blesses us with many opportunities to serve in which we help God in His vineyard (see Jacob 5).

This week was quite fruitful. Sister I, bapt date Nov 13, moved to her new apartment where the members helped make it easy for her to transition. Also her non-member daughter was there to see how the ward loves her and just want to serve.

K., Y., came to church and is progressing so well. His countenance is much more full of peace. He also fits in well with the members. This past Saturday he came to the Young Single Adult Halloween party. In addition the ward is doing a good job of loving him UP! He is still on track for the 20th of Nov.

This past Saturday we were following up on a referral from the sisters and the referral was not interested. However the referral's neighbor was interested. She just moved to Finland within the past month to study has always believed in God and Jesus Christ. So then after a short teach Saturday he committed to come to church. He came, with the help of the members giving a ride, and enjoyed church. We taught about the Book of Mormon and he accepted it very well and promised to pray about it.
Personal Study:
This past week I spent about five days in Jacob 5 and the Lord helped open my eyes to how involved He is in missionary work. He does lead it, and I just need to follow His counsel and ask for the needed blessings for the Finns.
I love you and life gets better each day! Love life by serving and learning

Rauha (Peace) :)
Elder Hamner

No comments:

Helaman 5:12

And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.