Doctrine & Covenants 93:1

"Verily, thus saith the Lord: It shall come to pass that every soul who forsaketh his sins and cometh unto me, and calleth on my name, and obeyeth my voice, and keepeth my commandments, shall see my face and know that I am."

Monday, February 21, 2011

Feb. 21, 2011

Dear Mom and Family My heart just sings with joy that Heavenly Father lives and His Son-my Savior Jesus Christ. As I write this email there is a mural of the first vision and I gazed at it a bit before beginning this email. What a blessing that it happened. Because it happened I can trust that when loved one passes away I will meet them again. Also that as I keep the commandments that Heavenly Father will provide everything I need. Additionally, that even when many may reject this glad message, I can still trust in the promise that He is preparing the elect to receive it.
This past week has been full of little miracles. M, a less-active member, has recently chosen to come back and actively do missionary work. He loves coming to teaches and seeking for opportunities to spread the gospel. I asked him what influenced him to come back and he said, '' This desire to become like Jesus Christ has grown within me.'' When I heard that all I could think was...Wow...P-R-O-F-O-U-N-D. He has recently been called as a ward missionary and is stellar at teaches.
An observation on teaching- I was discussing the gospel with a brain doctor a week or two ago who was interested to hear what we had to say. On our way to the trolley he shared something that stuck in my mind. He said, ''A good teacher is a good learner.'' That is so true. A good teacher wants to learn from his or her students. What he said has helped motivate me to strive even more to learn.
This past week was Zone Conference in which was a spiritual feast. President Brown spoke on ''Consecrated Missionary'' and opened our spiritual eyes to how to gain greater spiritual power. I am working to apply it for the rest of my mission. Everyone needs greater spiritual power to succeed in life and bless others.
I will write more about our investigators next week. I love you and please pray for A and J to obey the Word of Wisdom.
Love
Elder Hamner

No comments:

Helaman 5:12

And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.