Doctrine & Covenants 93:1

"Verily, thus saith the Lord: It shall come to pass that every soul who forsaketh his sins and cometh unto me, and calleth on my name, and obeyeth my voice, and keepeth my commandments, shall see my face and know that I am."

Monday, April 4, 2011

Elämä on ihana April 4, 2011

Dear mom and family,
The title of this email is the truth: Life is wonderful. This is what our stake patriarch says every month when he comes up and bears his testimony. That is what I share because I believe it with all my heart.
This past week we encouraged some setbacks; in short, most of our investigators have either disappeared or said, ''No thank you''. A is still heading for baptism on April 16th. He needs your prayers. But about our teaching situation, I feel so happy and positive that the Lord will lead us to more elect who are waiting for us. I know the Lord knows His elect and want us to meet. We are doing the best we can to purify our hearts and work as hard as we can be.
Continuing on the same note of optimism's power. That is one of many lessons that Heavenly Father is teaching me. To be happy and have peace prevailing in our lives is a choice. No matter the situation even when you meet someone who is quite rude to you. You can choose to be positive and just love life. I am having a blast among these precious people. There are so many good people who really ask themselves, ''Who am I?'', ''Why am I here?'', and many other soul-searching questions. Your prayers help us as find them. Thank you. Finding them and baptizing them mean so much to me because I know how happy they will be. And we need more happy Finns:)
Also this past week the sister missionaries in Haaga found us a beautiful family. The mother is searching for her ''thing'' and she could not have possibly found a better ''thing'' than the Restored Gospel of our Savior. We met at the church and the teach was led by the Spirit. We brought a member along who afterwards was in tears because of how willing this lady is to find truth and Him. The mother said she would be baptized when she receives an answer from God that the Book of Mormon is true. Please pray that J will read and pray. She plans on coming to church with her young family.

FYI- My companion Elder Esplin will be transferred to Hyvinkää. (a little north of Helsinki...still in same zone:)) I have learned a lot from Elder Esplin. I still have a day to learn before he leaves tomorrow. My new companion is coming fresh from the MTC. I am looking forward to making this next and last change the best. I am working on that as we speak.
I love you all
Elder Hamner

No comments:

Helaman 5:12

And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.