Doctrine & Covenants 93:1

"Verily, thus saith the Lord: It shall come to pass that every soul who forsaketh his sins and cometh unto me, and calleth on my name, and obeyeth my voice, and keepeth my commandments, shall see my face and know that I am."

Monday, May 9, 2011

May 9, 2011

Dear Mom and Family Wow, what a full week of miracles!
It seems each day is full of ups and downs. More intense than usual. And every time I kneel in prayer and then go to work the Lord raises me another level I could not have gotten to alone. That is truth.
Well, this week Elder Merkley and I have most of the week already planned because the Lord has blessed us with many good investigators. We currently have two with a baptismal date. 1. A for this saturday and 2. R for the 28th of May. Cool story about R. She is the daughter of I P. who we found and baptized in Oulu. The Lord placed R at the right place at the right time to meet missionaries. What a miracle.
Another miracle occurred this past Sunday- yes on Mother's Day the day when many miracles happen. Just because women are favored over men. I accept that and fine with it. But anyways about Sunday; so we were leaving a member's home after eating and decided to tract. We did so and talked with as many families as possible outside. (side note- I love families) Then time came to an end and we headed for home. No one showed any interest as we talked with others. Then we got on our train and talked with a couple of others. But towards the end of the train ride one man stood out. So I got up and talked with him. Come to find out this man is Muslim but when he saw a picture of Jesus Christ he just started telling me how much he wants to change and follow Him. He expressed his disappointment in his previous culture and thanked me profusely for talking with him. I was quite surprised and embarrassed. Not many people thank me when I talk with them but I am grateful the Lord placed us in the same path.
Tomorrow is zone conference and I will report about it next week.
Thank you for your email. I look forward to seeing you but I have another week and I dare not waste it. This time is too valuable.
Love
Vanhin Hamner

No comments:

Helaman 5:12

And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.