Doctrine & Covenants 93:1

"Verily, thus saith the Lord: It shall come to pass that every soul who forsaketh his sins and cometh unto me, and calleth on my name, and obeyeth my voice, and keepeth my commandments, shall see my face and know that I am."

Monday, April 18, 2011

April 18, 2011

Dear Mom and lovely family!,
What a week! As I reflect upon this week I do not know where to begin. But the thought I would like to share is the power of serving others with all our heart, might, mind, and strength.
I remember President Brown teaching us about this a while ago where we come out to our missions ready to work with all our energy. We come wanting to talk to everyone: sun-up to sun-down. But he shared how if we do it with our all our heart and mind therein lies the true power source of the Lord. We could very easily do missionary work and do missionary things but if we start becoming Christ-like missionaries then you tune in with the Lord's frequency and miracles start to happen.
This simple lesson has changed my life. As I have strived (and still try to) to give my heart to Him by dedicating everything I have to His cause- I personally have felt and seen His miraculous power in my life and in the lives of my investigators.
I wish I could describe every experience like movie but that will have to wait until judgment day or when we get to watch THE BIG MOVIE in other words from start to finish (not Finnish)
One experience I would like to share: A, one of my investigators, who now has a baptismal date for May 7th. This past week we had a teach with him after an intense break from meeting due to the devil. Anyways in that meeting he brought some anti-literature which bothered him. As I looked over some of the general points I was praying for the Spirit to help me know what to say because I wanted to answer to the ''root'' of the problem not at the ''leaves''. So whenever I do not know how to answer I testified and then the Spirit helped me teach by using a passage from the Book of Mormon to help him understand how he needs to understand the basics before greater things. And during which the Spirit calmed his spirit and resolved any worries. At the end of the teach I asked him if he still needed the paper and he said, ''No.'' What a miracle! The Spirit does miraculous things in people's hearts and the Book of Mormon is one of the most powerful tools in that.
Thank you for your prayers. We still need them for A and also for S that he will feel the power of the Book of Mormon.
Love
Elder Hamner

No comments:

Helaman 5:12

And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.