Doctrine & Covenants 93:1

"Verily, thus saith the Lord: It shall come to pass that every soul who forsaketh his sins and cometh unto me, and calleth on my name, and obeyeth my voice, and keepeth my commandments, shall see my face and know that I am."

Monday, May 2, 2011

May 2, 2011

Dear Mom and Family
Each week seems to go faster and faster. Fortunately Heavenly Father is helping me focus on one day at a time to make the most of it.
This past week was filled with tender mercies from the Lord. Of which consisting of finding, teaching, learning, and struggling.
First, I am grateful that the Lord allows us to struggle for some time before He will answer or give guidance. Because during that struggling we are developing greater character and ingraining the habits to rely on Him even more than if He just answered immediately.
Second, as a trainer the Lord is teaching me so much on parenting. It baffles me daily how powerful the mission is for the future.
Third, the Lord has helped the missionaries find the R, daughter of I (baptized in Oulu when I was there). And at first R was quite hostile but the Spirit has softened her heart so much that the day after she came to see a baptismal service she sent a text message saying,'' I want to be baptized on X day. would that be okay?'' Oh what a sweet text message. Of course we responded, '' no you need to wait until we invite you to be baptized.''.....not we gave her the affirmative:)
Remember I love you and thank you for helping me focus on this work even more. Please include that in your prayers on top of R (protect from evil, understand baptismal commitment), A (understand weekly church commitment), A (feel the power of the Book of Mormon) S (gain a testimony of the Book of Mormon and understand what that means)
Love
Vanhin Hamner
PS please tell Aunt Kim I did get her package. and this'' Thank you for the mangos and especially for your words. Love beyond banana fan-fo-fana heaven and exaltation. Elder (AJ) Hamner

No comments:

Helaman 5:12

And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.