Doctrine & Covenants 93:1

"Verily, thus saith the Lord: It shall come to pass that every soul who forsaketh his sins and cometh unto me, and calleth on my name, and obeyeth my voice, and keepeth my commandments, shall see my face and know that I am."

Monday, October 5, 2009

Oct. 5, 2009

Rakas Perhe,
5 Oct 09
This past week has been so busy! On Tuesday we had district meeting in Savonlinna (eastern finland) so we were on the train for a total of 6 hours that day. Then on wednesday was language school in Helsinki so we were there the entire day. Then we had teaches on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. After that general conference in Lahti wassaturday night and sunday....WOW! Now I can take a breath.
We also have another baptismal date. Natalia will be baptized on Oct 24. We are so excited for her. She has already given her mom a Book of Mormon which is great progress. The Lord is really helping soften her parents hearts.

Also on saturday night we received ''change calls''. Elder Karlsson (swede) will be my new companion. He currently is serving in Pietersaari. I am so excited. I heard he likes to run...YES!!!!

I hope all is well at home with the packing/logistics. I love you and remember the small things that help build your testimony are the most important. The two major themes I felt were focused about in General Conference were love and diligence. Just keep doing the small, yet important things. I promise miracles will come into your life as you strive to do so...I promise.

Rakkaudella,
Vanhin Hamner

No comments:

Helaman 5:12

And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.