Doctrine & Covenants 93:1

"Verily, thus saith the Lord: It shall come to pass that every soul who forsaketh his sins and cometh unto me, and calleth on my name, and obeyeth my voice, and keepeth my commandments, shall see my face and know that I am."

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Oct.19, 2009

Rakas Perhe
19 Oct 09

This past week has been fantastic. I love Elder Karlsson. He loves to run, and we cook together which saves money and makes it fun! Another thing I love about him is his ''just do it'' immediately attitude. I am learning niin paljon (so much) from him.

This Saturday is Natalia's baptism. She asked me to be in part of the circle to give her the Holy Ghost. I was honored. Her faith is that of the brother of Jared. She is the pillar in her family and will be the means of bringing them all to the gospel. Heavenly Father is so pleased.

This week we have district meeting in Hyvinkää where President Brown will interview us. These interviews are priceless. President Brown loves us so much. I wish you could all meet him and just hug him:)

One thing I forgot to write about Finland in last week's email is how safe it is here. I often tract on doors where the keys are left in the door...wow!

My personal study is drastically improving. The Holy Ghost is the best tutor and all we need to do is pay the price. What is that price well the scriptures outline it for us, but we must put it into practice. Once in practice then thats when Heavenly Father will bless us abundantly. I remember, Dad, told me that the blessings didn't come to the Saints until the wagons were rolling. (I hope I got that right, Dad).
My recommendation to you is to prayerfully plan your scripture study the day before. This shows to Heavenly Father how much you care and want to learn by the Spirit.
I love you all!

Rakkaudella,
Vanhin Hamner

No comments:

Helaman 5:12

And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.