Doctrine & Covenants 93:1

"Verily, thus saith the Lord: It shall come to pass that every soul who forsaketh his sins and cometh unto me, and calleth on my name, and obeyeth my voice, and keepeth my commandments, shall see my face and know that I am."

Monday, December 14, 2009

Dec. 14, 2009

Rakas Perhe
14 Dec 09

This week has been amazing. Elder Nielsen and I have been so busy. We love it. Heavenly Father is blessing us to so many degrees: personally, spiritually, physically, and other ways I cannot comprehend with this mortal brain.

Thank you for your prayers. The investigators in Pori feel them.

In the last zone conference we took a language test. Afterwards the language coordinator interviewed us to see where we are with the langauge. They have standardized it so no matter how long you have been in the country you can see where you are. They said if your score was between -3 and 3 you are right where you need to be. Higher the better. In my last interview with Pres. Brown he told me my score was 21. I thought he misread it. So the language is coming along. I only share this so you know the Lord is blessing me with the gift of tongues. He is very generous. I feel His presence often here in Finland especially when I pray and study.

This next year in Finland is going to be miraculous. President Brown has challenged us to prayerfully set goals and increase our faith.

This is my challenge to you. Prayerfully ponder what you can do better this next year. Invite the Spirit to guide you in this. You cannot do this successfully without divine assistance. Include your patriarchal blessing. It is a guide.

I pray for you all and love you each individually. Please know this. The church is led by the Savior.

Love
Vanhin Hamner

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Elder Hamner!!!
My first Christmas in Sweden was magical. With snowflakes that actually looked just like those on this blog. Because there was no sun, the stars and the Christmas lights seemed to glow all the more off the white village streets.
Hope you are staying bundled and warm.
Livet ar harligt och kyrkan ar sann!!
Krams to you from the Jacobson Crew! God Jul!

Helaman 5:12

And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.