Doctrine & Covenants 93:1

"Verily, thus saith the Lord: It shall come to pass that every soul who forsaketh his sins and cometh unto me, and calleth on my name, and obeyeth my voice, and keepeth my commandments, shall see my face and know that I am."

Monday, December 28, 2009

Dec. 28, 2009

Rakas Perhe


28 Dec 09

This past week has been wonderful. Thank you for all your encouraging words on the phone. I had a very Merry Christmas (a white one as well).

This past saturday we received change calls. Elder Nielsen will be going to Jyväskylä. I will miss him dearly. He was a fantastic companion. And for me, I will be training in Pori. I will be sure to send some pictures next week of us. Wednesday I will be in Helsinki for the trainor’s meeting and pick up my new (brand new) companion.

As you ponder new year resolutions please keep this quotation in mind:

‘’Vision without a task is only a dream. A task without vision is but drudgery. But vision with a task is a dream fulfilled.’’ (Bruce C. Hafen)

I love you. Please remember that the Savior is so near.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're getting a Greeny at just shy of 7 months! Are you kidding me. You ROCK Elder!! The Lord has great faith in you. Being a trainer is a wonderful experience. You will learn lots!

Shane Baker said...

Hi Elder Hamner,

I am glad to hear you are doing well and loving your mission. I don't know if this comment section is the right place to speak to you but couldn't find anywhere else to post to. If you will e-mail me at shanebaker@comcast.net, I would like to write more.

Shane

Helaman 5:12

And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.