Doctrine & Covenants 93:1

"Verily, thus saith the Lord: It shall come to pass that every soul who forsaketh his sins and cometh unto me, and calleth on my name, and obeyeth my voice, and keepeth my commandments, shall see my face and know that I am."

Monday, December 7, 2009

Dec. 7, 2009

Rakas Perhe
7 Dec 09

This past week was fantastic. I had district meeting in Tampere (2.5 hour drive because we pick up the Rauma elders). During the meeting I had my interview with President Brown. I love him. I know he was called by a loving Heavenly Father.

This week my companion was talking about how the sun rises and sets within 3-4 hours. To tell you the truth I knew it was dark but I didn't really notice until he pointed it out. It definitely helps staying busy in this blessed work. I love the Lord. As He teaches me I try to write as much of it in my journal/ tiny notepad. President Kopishke (Europe Area pres) challenged President Brown to raise the level of faith amongst the missionaries. We are at a 10 year high in numbers. Pres. Kopishke said that it is not a matter of skill. We are applying preach my gospel in every avenue of missionary work. Now he said we just need to increase our faith. In the lectures on faith by Joseph Smith are given 3 general ingredients for faith

1. To know that God exists
2. To know His attributes, qualites
3. To know that our life is in accordance with God's will

These are three points one can self-analyze and identify areas of improvement. This is my challenge to you all. How can you increase your faith? Whenever I give you a challenge I do it too.

Lastly, could you pray that we will find at least 2 new investigators this week (this is where faith kicks in :) ) Specific prayers are powerful. Remember that Heavenly Father answers our prayers but according to His time.

Love you all
Vanhin Hamner

No comments:

Helaman 5:12

And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.