Doctrine & Covenants 93:1

"Verily, thus saith the Lord: It shall come to pass that every soul who forsaketh his sins and cometh unto me, and calleth on my name, and obeyeth my voice, and keepeth my commandments, shall see my face and know that I am."

Monday, November 30, 2009

Nov. 30,2009

Rakas Perhe

30 Nov 09

First of all I am writing in my journal everyday (I love writing down everything the Lord teaches me through my thoughts, experiences, and the scriptures.

Also thank you all for your letters and emails especially the birthday ones.

This past week has been amazing. I was able to go to the temple. This was definitely needed. This was a wonderful tender mercy for I received sought after guidance and needed strength. I wish you all could have been with me. I got some pictures of Elder Henderson (a stellar elder in northern Finland) and I in front of the temple. I will send them soon. I just have to figure out how for the library in Pori wont allow it.

For Thanksgiving well I ate sandwiches. (sorry nothing extravagant but hey missionary is full-time). This past sunday I gave a talk about the Word of Wisdom. It went very well. This was also the first sunday where I met the members for last sunday was stake conference. Then later that day we had a missionary night where the members invited all their friends to the church and a few presentations took place. We, Elder Nielsen and I, taught ‘’Why we do missionary work’’. We only expected to teach for 5 min and the ward missionary leader would finish….nope. We had to teach for 20 minutes. Well I prayed for help and guidance. As I was rushing what to teach about the quote from one of the Area Presidents for Europe came to mind ‘’when you find yourself in a corner go back to Preach My Gospel’’. So I did. I taught and testified using PMG and everything went so much better.

This next week I have my interview with President Brown (my highlight of each change…besides the rare chance to attend the temple).

I love you all.

Commitment: How can you personally live the greater spiritual law of the Word of Wisdom? Please prayerfully ponder this for we can always improve. Remember we must strive for celestial kingdom.

Vanhin Hamner

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Elder Hamner-
We are so happy that you have the opportunity to go to the temple. I think we often forget how important it is to go and go often. The blessings promised at the veil are vital, tangible and real. The power of the priesthood, WHEN it is properly used is full of power to bless you and your posterity. Hold on to that! The advisory is real! Remember, he too believed he held the priesthood. Because you are so valiant, he will never let up. It will not be by obvious design, but by cunning and deceptive means. We pray for you always. You are a righteous warrior! As always, study hard, stay on your knees & love those Finnish people with all your heart! We love you! Thanks for the great example you set of love and righteousness. Our modern day Helaman. Know you are loved-
Your Ohio Family

Helaman 5:12

And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.