Doctrine & Covenants 93:1

"Verily, thus saith the Lord: It shall come to pass that every soul who forsaketh his sins and cometh unto me, and calleth on my name, and obeyeth my voice, and keepeth my commandments, shall see my face and know that I am."

Monday, November 2, 2009

Nov. 2, 2009

Rakas Perhe,
2 Nov 09

I am sorry but there is still remodeling work being done in the church where we email so this email does not contain any pictures. The kirjasto ( library) does not allow uploading of photos.
How is everyone doing?! Well, the mission field in Finland gets better each day...and a little colder too:) Currently we are teaching 4 investigators and on top of that Kouvola has so much potential.

This week we will be going to Helsinki for zone conference (my favorite!). This is where all the missionaries from the Helsinki zone come together for instruction for President Brown, his lovely wife Sister Brown, and the zone leaders.

Currently the mission field for Finland is hitting its all-time highs for all the key indicators (i.e.teaches, baptisms, new investigators)! The Lord is truly pouring out His wonderful blessings upon Finland.

Kouvola is also transfering to a biking/bus city rather than car. This is great news for we will have more opportunities to talk, find, and teach.

Cultural observation: There are so many more yield signs than stop signs which is so nice.

I have to go, but I love you all. Remember Alma 37:37

Rakkaudella,
Vanhin Hamner

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're awesome Elder Hamner. We love your enthusiasm for the work. I only ever had a bike, bus & train in Sweden and it was the BEST! Street contacts! SO much fun. Smile, Talk to EVERYONE that will listen. Eye contact and follow the Spirit. Don't ever be afraid to open your mouth. Every person I saw baptized on my mission came from street contacts. Have a blast! Sing on the busses!
Once teh driver let us use his microphone to sing and preach. It was great!
Don't be shy! I'm jealous!
Happy Birthday! BreaLynn's birthday is the 16th too! We'll sing and have a peice of cake for you! Keep up the great work.
-The Ohio Jacobson's

Anonymous said...

Dear, whoever keeps up Elder Hamner's site-Please pass on our message to him.
Thank you!
Family Jacobson

Helaman 5:12

And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.