Doctrine & Covenants 93:1

"Verily, thus saith the Lord: It shall come to pass that every soul who forsaketh his sins and cometh unto me, and calleth on my name, and obeyeth my voice, and keepeth my commandments, shall see my face and know that I am."

Monday, November 9, 2009

Nov. 9, 2009

9 Nov 09

This past week has been amazing! First of all zone conference was such an edifying experience. The topics they concentrated on were : being constant finders, Teach to Find (see PMG ch. 9), and goal-setting. President Brown also hinted that this upcoming zone conference in December is going to quite the treat. He has never said that before so our hopes are high.

Also Heavenly Father has helped me so much in learning language and understanding the Finns. This past Sunday I understood almost everything. Then I had some great conversations with the members. There are many reasons why Heavenly Father is blessing me so much. I believe one is that I say my personal prayers in Finnish. This has helped tremendously. I am able to take my time and work through all the grammar ( and trust me there is a lot). On top of that I can review grammar principles with Him. Furthermore this has improved my relationship with my Father in Heaven. If you think about it makes sense. If you look at it from his perspective I would want my son to practice the language I called him to learn and teach in with me.

I love you all and remember if you want to improve recognizing the spirit and following it then first evaluate your personal prayers.

Finally I have a suggestion. You don't have to try this but I highly recommend it (as does Elder Nelson from this previous Gen. Conf) to have a pad of paper next to you when you say your personal prayers and next to your bed. Write down everything and review it in the morning. I promise miracles will occur.

Love you all
Rakkaudella,
Vanhin Hamner




No comments:

Helaman 5:12

And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.