Doctrine & Covenants 93:1

"Verily, thus saith the Lord: It shall come to pass that every soul who forsaketh his sins and cometh unto me, and calleth on my name, and obeyeth my voice, and keepeth my commandments, shall see my face and know that I am."

Monday, November 16, 2009

Nov 16, 2009

Rakas Perhe
16 Nov 09

Thank you all for your emails and letters. Some of the members gave me cake to have on my birthday so Elder Karlsson and I will be enjoying some delicious Finnish cake!

This past Saturday we received change calls. I will be leaving Kouvola and going to Pori! It is, I think, the most west an elder in Finland can serve. I will be going senior. My new companion is Elder Nielsen who has been in the country for 1 change (6 weeks). I am very excited to work with him. We actually went to the temple toghther this past change for our companions had language school. I am going to miss Elder Karlsson. He is training in Kouvola which I am so excited for him.

I love you all. I apologize for this letter is a bit smaller but I have to pack and members want to say goodbye.

Also continue to strive to be led by the Holy Ghost. When you have time please read, no i take that back, study Elder Richard G. Scott's most recent talk from Gen. Conf about acquiring spiritual guidance. While doing so prayerfully analyze yourself and see how you can improve. We all can. I love you for who you are and what you can become.

Rakkaudella,

Vanhin Hamner
Rakas Perhe

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How many missionaries in Finland? Does anyone know?

Helaman 5:12

And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.