Doctrine & Covenants 93:1

"Verily, thus saith the Lord: It shall come to pass that every soul who forsaketh his sins and cometh unto me, and calleth on my name, and obeyeth my voice, and keepeth my commandments, shall see my face and know that I am."

Monday, January 10, 2011

Jan. 10, 2011

Dearest Mom and Family
This past week has been full of tender mercies-
First, J, one of investigators who is a member referral, is progressing very well. He has a baptismal date for the 29th of Jan. The Lord is helping us find more of His elect. Thank you for your prayers.
Second, miracle of personal prayer- I have been ravishly studying about prayer this past week and the Lord has opened my eyes to more of the power of simple, fervent prayers. I wish I had my study journal with me because the beautiful simplicity of our number one communicating tool with our Heavenly Father
News: I have been transferred to downtown Helsinki- as the district leader- all zone leaders and one assistant who leave Finland before the new mission president comes have become district leaders. This whole process of change gives my heart wonder and amazement as the work moves forward. This work is as hard as nails but the greatest joy one can experience. And the beauty of it is that every member can participate in it. From Genealogy, to temple work; from helping a neighbor when a trial comes, to inviting him or her to a church activity; from simply smiling at people, to seeking to make someone’s day by visiting them. The greatest joy comes from helping others experience lasting joy from the gospel.
If anyone finds themself sad, discouraged, or feeling of loneliness in any trial focusing on others will bring into their lives a light that only comes from above. And our souls naturally desire this light.

PS if you want to go on a fun, spiritually edifying scriptural journey then please look up the word ''light'' in the topical guide. Be sure to pray for understanding before because the whole trip is beautiful. That word has much meaning and we all can relate. Especially in Finland where the winter lasts longer and very dark. It paints a greater picture in my mind of how important our internal light shining outward is.
I love you
Elder Hamner
P.S. I was showing off your drawings to a couple of families. When I showed Karlie's avatar dragon, at a dinner appointment, the kids were watching the new avatar upstairs. They really liked it. Thank you for the birthday package!!!!

No comments:

Helaman 5:12

And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.