Doctrine & Covenants 93:1

"Verily, thus saith the Lord: It shall come to pass that every soul who forsaketh his sins and cometh unto me, and calleth on my name, and obeyeth my voice, and keepeth my commandments, shall see my face and know that I am."

Monday, January 24, 2011

Jan. 24, 2011

Wow, what a miraculous week!
I just want to say thank you for your prayers. I know the Lord answers sincere, fervent prayers.
This past week we have been super busy but in a peaceful pace which I love. I do not like nor will allow life take my peace. Being in the largest city in which contains the metro, trolleys, and most buses brings also much rush, noise, and stress. For many here time schedules are filled-to-the-brim, rushing to catch trains or buses, or trying to accomplish everything that life throws at them. Even as a missionary I face similar challenges; but as I reflect upon the example of the Savior when He preached His gospel and lived His life, I can only imagine him walking peacefully from one destination to another enjoying the companionship of the Holy Ghost. He allowed the Spirit to guide and performed miracles.
As I travel throughout Helsinki I do my best to remember His example. Yes, I am not perfect nor does the Lord expect perfection but my best. That principle brings peace to my heart.
Update on investigators: we had two baptisms two weeks ago and are working for more. The members are stepping it up in working with us and talking with their friends. We are having good success with young single adults in the Helsinki area.
Thank you and love you....I really do love you :)
Elder Hamner

No comments:

Helaman 5:12

And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.