Doctrine & Covenants 93:1

"Verily, thus saith the Lord: It shall come to pass that every soul who forsaketh his sins and cometh unto me, and calleth on my name, and obeyeth my voice, and keepeth my commandments, shall see my face and know that I am."

Monday, January 31, 2011

Jan. 31, 2011

Dear Mom and Family, Thank you for your prayers and emails. If you could include in your next emails or letters things you are learning from life and the scriptures at this time. I am interested to hear how your personal studies are progressing.
But currently, I am been still completing the challenge from President Brown on reading the Book of Mormon. I average about a page a day because of the rich goodness in this ''marvelous work and wonder''. As I sit and just ponder the basics contained within the Book of Mormon I can feel peace, comfort, and clarity come into my heart and mind- literally spiritually nourishing. A good measure of your personal study is how at peace are you at the end. It requires hard work to consistently receive spiritual nourishment but it is so worth it. I have noticed that the investigators and members who obey the basic and simple commandments like daily scripture study, daily personal prayer, and weekly church attendance and strive to improve their efforts consistently are blessed with the Spirit more in their lives.
I love you and know that there is always something we can improve on and as we strive to do it the Lord will shed His spirit upon us. I love the Spirit. You could say I am a ''Spirit Addict'' because whatever I can do to increase the measure of the Holy Ghost within me then I want and will do it. And as we increase the Holy Ghost's influence within us then we are a greater blessing to others.
In addition to this as I reflect upon this week and the blessing of just living on the earth at this time I cannot help but smile. Think about the blessings for a moment: a living prophet who speaks the Lord's will on anything we need, technology which allows us to really feast upon the Lord's word more than ever, and the opportunity to prove ourselves to Heavenly Father by loving Him and His children.
Sneek Peek to next week: Power of Prayer. In my district the power of prayer what we will be focusing on in next weeks district meeting. I have been preparing for this particular district meeting for quite some time as I apply what I am learning so then I can teach it with power.
With lots of love,
Elder Hamner

No comments:

Helaman 5:12

And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.