Doctrine & Covenants 93:1

"Verily, thus saith the Lord: It shall come to pass that every soul who forsaketh his sins and cometh unto me, and calleth on my name, and obeyeth my voice, and keepeth my commandments, shall see my face and know that I am."

Monday, January 11, 2010

Jan. 11, 2009

Rakas Perhe

11 Jan 2010

It thrills my heart how you are all doing. Currently training is going so well. I love it. Elder Pond and I are learning so much from each other. Its funny how two people from complete different backgrounds (he is the surfing type from California) can gel so well when united in a greater cause.

Also in Finland there is some American food available for purchase but ridiculously expensive. For example one box of Fruit Loops = 8 euros that is equivalent to $10-12. That is almost a good steak dinner. Don’t worry that’s just food from the States, I buy the 1.74 euro cereal.

The Lord is blessing us greatly in our finding efforts. We have one investigator with a baptismal date- Janne Nurmi. Also we just found 2 families- Matthew’s family and Pahamäki family. This work is so exciting!
We also found one investigator in the downtown area when is was 18 degrees C. Not many people around but the Lord guided us. He is from Romania here for work and only speaks English. We are currently working him to gain that precious testimony.

Lastly, President Brown told us of his interview with Elder Bednar before he (Pres. Brown) came to Finland. Elder Bednar spoke about his son who also served in Finland that he (his son) and his family prayed for him to receive the gift of tongues every day and there should not one day go by without pleading with the Lord for the gift. This is my request to you. Please plead with the Lord that He will bless me specifically with the gift of tongues. The Lord has already blessed me tremendously but I know He expects more. Therefore lets do it. The Lord is on our side. What better leader?!

Love,
Elder Hamner

No comments:

Helaman 5:12

And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.