Doctrine & Covenants 93:1

"Verily, thus saith the Lord: It shall come to pass that every soul who forsaketh his sins and cometh unto me, and calleth on my name, and obeyeth my voice, and keepeth my commandments, shall see my face and know that I am."

Monday, January 18, 2010

Jan. 18, 2010

Rakas Perhe
18 Jan 2010

This past week the Lord has blessed me so much. I feel His presence when everything seems to be too much and then I remember He is there. The peace is invaluable. To feel the Savior’s love lift when everything may pull down is such a testimony booster. Recently, I have prayerfully studied President Utchdorf’s talk ‘’The Love of God’’. Very powerful. One point of that talk that blows my mind is that love is a measure of our faith. Really ponder that and let that whole talk engulf you. I promise that we can all develop more love. Missionary Work is so much fun!

This past week we had a dinner appointment with a family. This is a spectacular part-member family. We set a goal with them: in two weeks on the 31st of Jan we will have found a family that lives near them that we can teach in their home. We will be tracting in their area these next couple of weeks. Please plead with the Lord that either we or this family find a family we can teach in their home. As we do this I believe it will help the dad (non member husband) start investigating the church. This is a worthy goal that Heavenly Father wants us to achieve. We can do this.

My testimony of answered prayers has grown significantly. I have felt the sustaining influence of the Holy Ghost in even the simplest requests.

Currently, we have some fantastic investigators.

Also, I thank you for all your prayers. They are felt. They keep me going. Know that I love you.

I apologize if my English sounds kind of weird. My companion even mentioned that sometimes I speak some crazy English. It’s quite funny. For example how to say get baptized in finnish is ‘’mennä kastelle’’ which directly translated to English is ‘’go to baptism’’ so we ask our investigators literally ‘’will you go to baptism?’’

I love you.
Vanhin Hamner

No comments:

Helaman 5:12

And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.