Doctrine & Covenants 93:1

"Verily, thus saith the Lord: It shall come to pass that every soul who forsaketh his sins and cometh unto me, and calleth on my name, and obeyeth my voice, and keepeth my commandments, shall see my face and know that I am."

Monday, July 12, 2010

July 12, 2010

Dearest mom and family


This past week has just flown by. We had splits with the Kuopio elders and it went great.

Something happened today that was pretty crazy. It being P- Day had this big service project to help this older couple at their summer cottage. The whole story started when on Sunday we met this Finn (lady) who was accompanied by 3 Spaniards. The Spaniards spoke some English to explain that they are from Spain, not Madrid....sorry Elder Ketchum, and they were staying with this older couple who have never visited church. Apparently they have been friends (couple and Spaniards) for 25 years and visit each other periodically. So these Spaniards are members and invited us to help them do some yard work and introduce the missionaries. While there working on the yard four languages were spoken: Spanish, Finnish, English, and Swedish (older man being Swedish). Yes the lesson after dinner was quite fun. I hoping someone could have thrown in another language but I guess four will due :)

I love you all. Remember how much influence one person can have on so many. The rock thrown into the lake ripples farther than the rock thrown in the water can see. Only the Thrower can see it all. I know we all can do better in allowing the Thrower work through us.
Love,
V. Hamner

No comments:

Helaman 5:12

And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.