Doctrine & Covenants 93:1

"Verily, thus saith the Lord: It shall come to pass that every soul who forsaketh his sins and cometh unto me, and calleth on my name, and obeyeth my voice, and keepeth my commandments, shall see my face and know that I am."

Monday, July 19, 2010

July 19, 2010

Dear Wonderful Mom, brilliant brothers, and sweetest sisters,


That is so crazy that summer is coming to a close soon and fall will be beginning! I am doing my best to savor every moment. And this next week Elder Henderson and I will be traveling most of the week all around Finland. We start onTuesday going to Kuopio (eastern side of Finland), then leave for Helsinki (southern) Wednesday night, after which we go to Pietarsaari (western) on Thursday night and return to Oulu (northern) Friday night. The reason for the traveling is district meetings, a baptismal interview, and mission leadership training meeting in which President Brown has received something from the First Presidency to change the way training occurs. The focus of it is to improve our teaching abilities. I am so excited for this program. I will definitely write more about it when President shares it this next Thursday.

Saturday was M's baptism! It went so well. It feels so good when you see someone who you have prayed your guts out for, studied for every need you find out about, and done your best to help the ward be included, and to see them enter the waters of baptism. What a blessing the Lord granted to Oulu. M was so ready. She was dead set on it even though there was resistance from mom and a recent tragedy with her brother. She is an excellent example of when life kicks you, to kick back. Her confirmation on Sunday also went well. Our branch president performed it as Elder Henderson and I participated. In that prayer he said some things that he could not have possibly known except only through the Holy Ghost. Also at the baptism we had a former investigator who came and asked about the details of getting baptized! I will keep you updated about him-Br (a native Swede).

The Lord is moving His work forward here. I love each of you so much.

Love
Vanhin Hamner

No comments:

Helaman 5:12

And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.