Doctrine & Covenants 93:1

"Verily, thus saith the Lord: It shall come to pass that every soul who forsaketh his sins and cometh unto me, and calleth on my name, and obeyeth my voice, and keepeth my commandments, shall see my face and know that I am."

Monday, July 26, 2010

July 26, 2010

Dearest Gorgeous Mom and wonderful Justin, Jordan, Kaity, and Karlie

This past week was crazy, edifying, and miraculous. As we were on the trains Elder Henderson and I were either teaching others or ourselves when time allotted. On our train from Oulu to Kuopio I met this one older lady, Mi, who was going back to Kouvola, my greenie city. As we were talking we came upon the subject of the bible and she expressed how she is disappointed how the bible is losing its meaning and power because of all the many translations. Upon that I introduced the Book of Mormon and taught how this is a record that God has brought forth to help us know which is Christ's church and original doctrine. When I gave her my copy of the Book of Mormon, she noticed it was my only one and denied it out of politeness, but I assured her that I can get another one in Kuopio. She was very grateful. After our discussion I returned back to my seat next to Elder Henderson and noticed that Mi was reading the Book of Mormon more about 20-30 min. I was praying that she would feel the Holy Ghost and accept the message. Then towards the end of the train ride came down the aisle two girls who were selling strawberries. Mi then bought one box and gave me and my companion half. I later told Elder Henderson that was the fastest I have ever reaped the ''fruit'' of my labor.

Besides that train ride, the Lord has blessed me in many ways. My love for this people is growing daily. This land is full of precious people. What a blessing to be here.

Elder Henderson and I did receive our change calls. He is now one of the assistants to the president and Elder Peterson from Kuopio will be my new companion. I truly love Elder Henderson and look forward to loving Elder Peterson.

Also about this new program from the First Presidency. Its purpose is to help us become better teachers and they have simplified our training so that when we met for zone conference, district meetings, and leadership training there is time to practice what is taught, evaluate, and practice it again. I am looking forward to this. This is where lasting progress occurs.

Accountability is an amazing principle of character. In the world no one wants to take accountability unless it makes them look good, hence gold is more common than character. It takes character to stick to a goal and accomplish it. And it takes more character when a goal is not set, to analyze why it was not accomplished, and then accomplish it.

I am grateful to come from a family where action is taken to improve and love the Lord. That is what matters.

Love
Vanhin Hamner


Picture with Elder Causse.
Elder Causse is in the 1st Quorum of the Seventy!

No comments:

Helaman 5:12

And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.