Doctrine & Covenants 93:1

"Verily, thus saith the Lord: It shall come to pass that every soul who forsaketh his sins and cometh unto me, and calleth on my name, and obeyeth my voice, and keepeth my commandments, shall see my face and know that I am."

Monday, February 15, 2010

Feb. 15, 2010

Rakas Perhe,

This was a great week. We reached our goal of 20 lessons! with 3 new investigators. I want to cut and paste a portion of president browns email to the missionaries this past week. He said, '' The Europe area increased in baptisms during 2009 more than any other area in the world. Europe is indeed experiencing the awakening that was foretold and you are a part of it.'' This is true. The brethren have prophesied of this and now it is being fulfilled. I am so grateful to be here at this time....especially with Elder Pond.

The weather is pretty good. When is it -5 degrees C or higher Elder Pond and I go out running in the morning. Great way to wake up. Highly recommend it.:) The Lord has helped me develop a better fitness program and diet. A member is helping me find and grow wheat grass so I can put it in my morning fruit/veg shakes. I cannot wait!

This week is so busy. Elder Pond has language school so while he is there I get to go to the temple on Thursday. Please plead with the Lord that I will learn what I need to learn for I know there are many reasons why I have to blessed chance to visit the temple.

Currently we have one investigator who we found almost immediately upon our departure out of our apartment. He lived in the same building. We talked with him and sure enough he was interested. Actually he has been prepared for a while because he always wondered what those two men in white shirts and ties did. Right now he is reading and praying every day. He agrees with all the doctrine of the church. He loves how the Book of Mormon clarifies on many principles within the bible. Please pray that he will receive his answer soon.

We are teaching one young man who wants to believe there is a God and that we have a Savior but he is afraid to pray. Please pray that he will put forth the faith to do so...to pray.

I love you and know that the Lord is protecting me. He is helping me overcome many of my weaknesses. The power of the Atonement is real. I remember one quote from Brigham Young that said that we for the most part don't live up to our priveleges. Now what might those priveleges be? I believe if we refocus on the basic fundamentals of the gospel then we will understand where we need to improve. For example, when we partake of the sacrament do we bring our old selves and leave recommitted to do better the following week? When we pray are we truly seeking Him and His precious counsel to us? When we interact with others is it based on true Christlike love? When we receive revelation do we express appropriate gratitude and apply the counsel from Above. These are just some examples. I have done this reexamination. I continue to do it frequently. I love you all for who you are and who you can become.

Love
V. Hamner


January Zone Conference

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Pictures! Gosh, enjoy every minute of your mission. It is truly the BEST! You look great! Keep up the good work and have a great week. Our prayers are continuously with you.

Anonymous said...

Miss you so much

Helaman 5:12

And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.