Doctrine & Covenants 93:1

"Verily, thus saith the Lord: It shall come to pass that every soul who forsaketh his sins and cometh unto me, and calleth on my name, and obeyeth my voice, and keepeth my commandments, shall see my face and know that I am."

Monday, February 1, 2010

Feb. 1, 2010

Rakas Perhe

1 Feb 2010

This week has been amazing. I love my companion. Each day is a testimony builder that he was specifically meant for me. His strengths make up for my weaknesses and vice versa. He is a solid missionary, always pondering what we can do better for our investigators and meeting their needs. He truly became a missionary before he received the mantle and nametag. I am blessed.
This past week we had quite a few canceled teaches which occurred right before we were planning on teaching. However each time we were prompted to go visit someone else, follow-up on a potential investigator, or you need to review this certain thing again. Each time the Lord put us in the path of other prepared people. I love this work. As the scripture says , ‘’He who knoweth all things.’’ It is true. When something does not go the way we planned…its okay. He knows and has promised to take care of us. Be patient. Things will work out. Also always seek to learn the lesson intended for you. This has benefited me in marvelous ways.
Its kind of funny how each email has insights I have learned to do better, reach higher, or in other words repent. Some have placed a harsh face on repentance. Quite the contrary, it is such a beautiful process of transformation to someone better-to what we can and should become. I love this message of peace and hope. Too many try to face the hardships of life alone. One cannot do that and be happy, peaceful, and enjoying life.
I love you and cannot wait to hear about everything that happened this week.

Love
Your eternal son and brother,
Vanhin Hamner

No comments:

Helaman 5:12

And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.