Doctrine & Covenants 93:1

"Verily, thus saith the Lord: It shall come to pass that every soul who forsaketh his sins and cometh unto me, and calleth on my name, and obeyeth my voice, and keepeth my commandments, shall see my face and know that I am."

Monday, February 8, 2010

Feb. 8, 2010

Rakas Perhe

8 Feb (Helmikuu) 2010

This past week the Lord has taught me much in being a more effective trainor, how to eat more healthy, how to exercise more effectively, how to study more effectively, and what kind of vision I have for this mission and myself.

Currently I have a fruit smoothie which contains more or less: banana, kiwi, orange, tomato, red bell pepper, carrots, celery, orange juice, sometimes yogurt, and anything else that sounds good. I make a two day worth of smoothie then save it to the next day so I can cut down on meal prep. It works out quite well. I also eat 3 eggs (only 1 yolk) in the mornings. I am trying to cut out as much sugar as possible with no margarine use included.

Also the temperature has been around 30-32 degrees F so I have been able to run. It is such a blessing. You really appreciate the opportunities to run when you can’t for an extended period of time in my case a few months.

Also, on my desk above the picture of Christ I have written ‘’How have I used the Atonement today?’’ This ties into last’s email about improvement. If you think about time and how it is one of the most valuable things we have on this earth then you understand how each day is niin (so) valuable. As we improve and come a little bit close to the Savior whether by improving the quality of our scripture study, praying more fervently, remembering the Savior more, or keeping the Sabbath day more holy. They are always areas where one can improve. As it says in 2 Nephi 32 the Holy Ghost will tell you what ye should do or in other words (how to improve). What a blessing to have a member of the Godhead as a constant companion who comforts, guides, teaches, enlightens, purifies, and many other remarkable blessings that are within reach. What a great blessing. It is all possible but is all depends on us. We must have the desire. If not then it is up to us to go to the Lord to ask for more. President Brown has asked to us to increase our desire. I am working on this as well. Each challenge I give I also do. I wish I could hug each of you, but email will suffice for now.

I love you
Vanhin Hamner

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Austin Jr. you come from such a wonderful family, you are so blessed to have them. I love to hear all about your mission. Sure miss you and love you.

Helaman 5:12

And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.