Doctrine & Covenants 93:1

"Verily, thus saith the Lord: It shall come to pass that every soul who forsaketh his sins and cometh unto me, and calleth on my name, and obeyeth my voice, and keepeth my commandments, shall see my face and know that I am."

Monday, February 22, 2010

Feb 22, 2010

Oh Dear Family who live another continent (Does that put it in a different perspective ...eh?)


Finland is still cold but still amazing. This work is a miracle. The temple was as you guessed what I needed. The Lord taught me what I needed to learn. Thank you for your prayers. Heavenly Father tutored me as I studied the scriptures. After the temple I felt a stronger receptiveness to the promptings from the Holy Ghost. The peace that comes from the temple cannot be found anywhere else. Afterwards I felt so refreshed to go back to work. That is one of my personal future goals :go the the temple once a week if travel is small.

Also this past week we had district meeting in Tampere. It was so good. President Brown taught about Pride by President Ezra Taft Benson. For point he taught was how to identify it in ourselves for everyone battles daily against pride. I am so grateful he taught about this. When you have time this week please prayerfully study this talk. Please pray to see where you can improve. I have done this and will continue to do so.

These past couple days have been a little bit cold. While I was in Helsinki I bought another pipo (beanie/winter hat) so I could layer them.

One of our investigators is just eating up the Book of Mormon. He told us in the past lesson on Saturday that he feels the Book of Mormon is true. When I heard that my heart almost skipped a beat. I looked at Elder Pond with the biggest smile I could do. It was amazing. Next teach will be great. We feel he is ready for the baptismal commitment. He said when he reads his testimony of the Book of Mormon grows. This Friday we will be meeting again. He has work all week :(. I am so grateful the Lord guided us to him.

Also a member gave me whole wheat so I have ground some of it up to make cracked wheat hot cereal. It was so good. Do you have any suggestions for good sweeteners because I am trying to stay away from processed sugars. Love you all!

I love you
Vanhin Hamner

No comments:

Helaman 5:12

And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.