Doctrine & Covenants 93:1

"Verily, thus saith the Lord: It shall come to pass that every soul who forsaketh his sins and cometh unto me, and calleth on my name, and obeyeth my voice, and keepeth my commandments, shall see my face and know that I am."

Monday, March 1, 2010

Mar. 1, 2010

Dear Family,

This week has been another week filled with learning, teaching, and warmer temperatures. Its fun to joke about the weather when you are pretty close to the artic circle. Well I wish I could type every thing I have learned this week but it would be near impossible.

I will start with the beauty of a study journal. In PMG it talks about the importance of a study journal in one's personal study. I know this to be true. If you have a notebook, binder, journal, or another sort of record keeping object then Heavenly Father can help you understand the deeper meanings of certain doctrine and teach you additional spiritual truths that apply specific to you. I understand that in the beginning it is hard but through diligence once can improve and magnify one's personal study. I only share because of how much it has helped me in my personal study. Also one tip, I would recommend reviewing your study journal frequently. The amount you get out of personal study is in direct relationship of how much you put into it. Also the most beautiful parts of the gospel are the simple gospel principles.

Currently Elder Pond is doing well. He still does not like winter. Coming from California that is completely understandable. Next week is zone conference. This week we have splits with the district leader and his companion.

The weather is getting better. Elder Pond and I have gone out a couple of mornings and run. (sitä tarvittiin--it was needed). It is really wet due to a lot of the snow melting. The Finns tell us this is/was the harshest winter Finland has had in the past 10 years. I really appreciate the sun so much more now. I love Finland and I mean that. I cannot believe I have been on my mission for almost a year. I know many of you have said how the mission trains you for the future. You are so right. Every thing I have learned and continue to learn can and will be applied in the future (tulevaisuudessa).

I love each of you so much
Elder(Vanhin) Hamner

The Lord is blessing me much as I focus on the investigators and the members. My diet is getting better and better each day. I am growing wheat grass (dont worry I passed it by the president's wife) and just bought organic cracked wheat. I do not add any sugar or brown sugar to my food. Also for dinner I mainly just eat vegetables (my favorites: carrots and broccoli....dont eat the finnish celery its just not good :( Also I like to add red bell peppers to my eggs in the morning. IT is ssooooo gooooood. Mom the Lord guided me in developing this for my energy level, and outlook on everything has improved drastically. Though it is dark, cold, and wet I love it here! The Lord is tutoring me much. I thank you for your prayers.

No comments:

Helaman 5:12

And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.