Doctrine & Covenants 93:1

"Verily, thus saith the Lord: It shall come to pass that every soul who forsaketh his sins and cometh unto me, and calleth on my name, and obeyeth my voice, and keepeth my commandments, shall see my face and know that I am."

Monday, March 8, 2010

Mar. 8, 2010

Dear family,


This past week we had splits with the District leader, Elder Pettus. He is a great missionary. He goes home in about 3 weeks. So weird to think that the end comes so fast. As a result I am doing my best to live up every second in Finland. I know I can only be a full time missionary like this once in a lifetime so lets take it to the max.

I remember one speaker in the MTC who said that the mission is the best time to develop Christlike Attributes, good healthy habits, and effective routines. Also it is the best time to shed the unChristlike attributes especially pride. As a missionary the Lord is able to separate us from the world and give us direct uninterrupted tutoring about ourselves. This time is so golden. I do miss each of you so dearly but I know I need to be here...for the Finns sake and mine. The Lord has yet much to teach me. He has already taught me so much through my companion Elder Pond. He is a blessing.

Tomorrow is zone conference in Tampere. The rauma elders are coming to spend the night in Pori tonight for the mission office found it most cost effective if we just drove them there.

The weather is improving oops sorry I mean warming up :) I like the cold but cool weather is the best. The members are feeding us so well. They are amazing. I am asking for as many recipes as I can get so I can make this delicious food for you!

I love you so much
Vanhin Hamner

PS This week I am going to experiment with banana bread!

No comments:

Helaman 5:12

And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.