Doctrine & Covenants 93:1

"Verily, thus saith the Lord: It shall come to pass that every soul who forsaketh his sins and cometh unto me, and calleth on my name, and obeyeth my voice, and keepeth my commandments, shall see my face and know that I am."

Monday, May 17, 2010

May 17, 2010

17 May 2010


So I have tried downloading pictures to email but ei onnistunut (did not succeed) It is always a new adventure to find out how one can email pictures over computers in the library.

But this past week was a lot of driving. We visited Kuopio's (city in the east of Finland) district meeting. The drive there lasted about 5 hours so if that gives you an idea of how large the north zone of Finland is. And that city is not the farthest we travel to. While in Kuopio Elder Sharp, the stud district leader, did a fantastic job in leading the whole district to set change goals (for the next 6 weeks). Then Oulu (we belong to this district) had there district meeting where President interviewed us. In each district meeting the district leaders asked Elder Henderson and I to teach on the divinity of the companionship. It went well. Elder Henderson and I are learning a lot together. In fact, at the end of each night my head hurts a little bit just from all there is to learn. There in lies to tough balance of learning too much and learning enough where you still feel peace. If one makes that their measure (how much true peace they have) then they can know how much of the Spirit they have. Elder Henderson has been teaching me all about this. This has really helped me step back, look at the sky, enjoy life. Elder Henderson is truly a blessing.

Then M.,our investigator with a baptismal date, came to church! She had so many obstacles in the way but Heavenly Father helped and provided the way. Her mom is still against it but we still pray for her.

Also one last thing which is personal but needs to be said. The Lord has helped me identify many of the adversaries tools that he uses specifically towards me. As a result I am working with the Lord to focus on building my defensives against such tools. This has proven to be very effective.

I love you.
Vanhin Hamner

This pic was taken in Kuopio. My companion, Elder Henderson is third from the left 2nd row.

No comments:

Helaman 5:12

And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.