Doctrine & Covenants 93:1

"Verily, thus saith the Lord: It shall come to pass that every soul who forsaketh his sins and cometh unto me, and calleth on my name, and obeyeth my voice, and keepeth my commandments, shall see my face and know that I am."

Monday, May 3, 2010

May 3, 2010

Dear Mom,


Wow what an eventful week!

On Monday we had our first meeting with J.We found him on the street while contacting which is a great story. We were walking down the road when the thought came to mind to turn around and go down another street. So I suggested to Elder Lytle and we did so. As we were walking down the sudden different route we met him. He owns this market research company which is experiencing bankruptcy. He said that he cannot concentrate in his work. We taught about the peace that comes from the gospel. This caught his attention and as a result decided to meet with us. He said that he has tried everything to have peace. He exercises frequently but could not be at peace. After our meeting on monday he said I feel at peace and agreed to meet again. He even reads from the Book of Mormon in the mornings at work so he can begin the day right with peace. He is amazing.

On tuesday was district meeting which was great. As a district we counseled together and decided on some district goals as also discussed needs of our investigators. After the meeting I interiviewed E M for baptism. He is one of those investigators who just sails through the gospel. He has the gospel understanding of 30 year old converts.

On thursday a member took Elder Lytle and I to the temple. I did one session in english and then the next two in Finnish. The Lord has been very merciful towards me for I have not lived in Helsinki at all and I have had unique opportunities to go to the temple.

This past week, the Lord guided us to a family who lost the father last year due to cancer. At the first time meeting them it was just the mother so we later scheduled an appointment on sunday but she thought is was monday. So we came on Sunday with member and come to find out the daughter, who is married and with a child, was present. So we taught them all, and they are all sincere, ready to know that its true!

PS (FYI)Also I received change call. I will be moving on tuesday to Oulu to be zone leaders with Elder Henderson.

PPS Look forward to Mother's Day phone calls!!!!

No comments:

Helaman 5:12

And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.